Sunday, July 1, 2012

Were having a baby this month!!

Now that it's July the countdown can really begin! 
When we had surgery in April we had very high hopes that I could stay in bed and have this baby in July. To be completely honest there were plenty of times I never thought we would make it here. 

 Today I am 33 weeks and 4 days. Coming up on a major milestone at 34 weeks. :) 
On Friday we had our weekly ultrasound. It worked out that we headed to the Dr. with all of our kids. Imagine this picture: Henry 3 kids (1 in a stroller) and Di in a wheelchair. I know we got several looks in the waiting room. Especially when I wouldn't lift a finger to help with the kids. It was strange to be out with all of them. It made life almost seem normal again. 
Back to the ultrasound, baby's head size and ventricles remain stable where they are. She is still moving growing and practicing breathing. The technician measured her belly over 5 times that I saw. I immediately thought what is wrong. She tells us well it is just measuring big in the 75%. I am waiting for the Dr. to tell us something is wrong, nope Baby is just getting some baby fat!! Hooray! She is estimated to be about 5 pounds 6 ounces. Amniotic fluid levels remain good. 
It had been hot here this week. With temperatures in the 100's I am so grateful I don't have to be outside. I have just a few more weeks left in bed and then we will be headed to Vanderbilt where baby has my compete permission to come when she is ready. 

The kids are counting down to the big day, I am trying not to obsess about it. We are all looking forward to the 25th with anticipation, hope, and a lot of nerves. I find myself thinking about things beyond the birth, I even see the first day of school back in sight. Soon we will have a face and even a name to go with this story. (I can't even keep track of how many people ask me on a daily basis what this girls name is.)
Have to share, how cute this girl is with her Daddy.


3 comments:

The Fischer Family said...

You have done an awesome job mama!!! Keep up the great work! I can't wait to "see" her!!!

Greg and Michelle said...

Almost there!!! We are continuing to keep you in our prayers!

Ashley said...

Ya!!! Such good news!! I am so excited to see pictures of her!! You are all in my prayers!!