Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's been a while

Did you know I once walked here,
(Great Wall of China) 
I never imagined the things I have done would just become some distant memory that even I could forget on some days some of the amazing things I have done. 
I don't imagine I will ever forget the last 4 months of my life. From diagnosis to surgery and bed rest. Today I have been resting for 12 weeks. What does one do for 12 weeks? Well I have had 13 Ultrasounds. I have only left the house 12 times. 
Baby flip flops

Worked with Kamryn on writing her name

Cross stitched

 Colored
 Made hair bows
Cross Stitched more and more 
 Made Bows
 Counted weeks, months, days
 Won a fancy new diaper bag
Edged this
Made this and
Earned $40 taking surveys. Combed lots of hair and took lots of vitamins. Never drove a car, picked up a baby or cooked dinner. Went without swimming during a week of 100+ temperatures, and mostly likely an entire summer. Watched a few complete tv series, read books and magazines. Wrote stories and histories. Complied emails Henry and I wrote while dating. And stared at the walls. ( and all while being told to watch my sugar and carbohydrate intake)

Did the impossible....... had fetal surgery on my baby at 24 weeks when she was just a tiny-tiny little gal, and next week she will be born at 37 weeks weighing in at over 6 pounds. I didn't do any of this alone. There wasn't one day when someone wasn't bringing me a meal, washing the dishes, changing babies, or a million other things I never even saw. Thanks to you all.... look what we've done!! 

3 comments:

The Fischer Family said...

Great post Di! You're almost there! I'm so excited for you!

Kathy Bertasso said...

This was not a blog post that i should have read at the office. "Are you ok?" What a great blog Dear. So excited to be with you when this next step is taken. I'm leaving on a jet plane!

Maggie said...

Aw, it's so great to see your blog again. I'd missed the last few posts because we haven't had internet in our camper. (Yeah, we're camping all summer. Fun... :P) Di, you're amazing. You've grown such a healthy baby when it seemed impossible. Next week (!!!!) you will cradle your beautiful baby girl in your arms. THAT is quite an accomplishment, girl. You're an incredible mother. You inspire me. I can hardly wait to see pictures of new little miss (???). Love you! (And P.S. your cross stitch projects are amazing! Wowsers.) (Oh yeah, P.S.S. Hee hee, that made me laugh heartily when Logan said they're doing fireworks because your belly is so big. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Well it IS something to celebrate! You look beautiful!)