Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Keeping the kids happy

I am very blessed to have two very great well behaved kids, most of the time anyway. They have absolutely loved all the time they have spent here in Provo. They mostly want Grandma or Papa to do everything for them. They have made up all kinds of games they play here. They use their light-savers and play star wars
They made captain hook, hooks and play Peter Pan. They use microphone headphones and pretend to be plane or rocket ship captains.
Mostly they run all around the house hiding from the bad guys, mostly Darth Maul or Darth Vader.
They have learned all kinds of new things, like paying bills with Papa or making treats and snacks with Grandma.
They like listening to Grandma's music in her car and singing along. Logan has learned new words from Grandma. Last week they were driving by Macey's and talking about the HUGE flag that is outside. Logan wanted to know what HUGE was. So they talked about it then Logan said, "Oh my dad is really huge. My mom is really short but her tummy is huge."
Mostly they put up with the ideas I come up for fun and always have a great time doing it. I took them on a walk one day and they found this to play in.
Then yesterday I set up these buckets for them to fill up one from the other using cups. They filled the one bucket up. Then I told them to take it back to the other bucket after about 4 seconds Logan stops says "Mom I know" picks up the bucket carries it to the other and fills it up. Then spent the rest of the time dunking his whole head in the bucket.
So grateful to have 2 very patient kids who create fun where ever they go.

1 comment:

Danielle Dallas said...

Way to go Mommy Di for raising 2 such wonderful kids! I should have been more on top of it and tried to visit you down in Provo with Mollie over the past few weeks while you've been "up" . . . now I'm thinking it's way to close to the baby's arrival to bother you with a visit :(