Friday Henry and I made the drive back once again to Vanderbilt. We were both anxious to visit with the doctors there and get some clear answers about the baby's progress. Everything on the ultrasound looked great. Her head size and shape and continuing to make progress and her chiari malformation is minimal. Her ventricles are both stabilizing close to normal at 10 and 14. At this point they would not be considered severe enough to require a shunt. She was defiantly practicing her breathing exercises and we could clearly see that on the ultrasound. When the tech was trying to measure her heart she wouldn't hold still. She was moving head to toes, flexed one foot in full motion. She weighs about 4 lb. 2 oz. We were able to see both her incision and mine both look like they are holding well and strong. My fluid level is still wonderful. In the picture above you can see her face (eyes lips and nose) Next to her face is her foot and she has two little fingers wrapped around her foot.
Everything was a thumbs up in my opinion. We scheduled a c-section for July 25th at Vanderbilt. I will be 37 weeks. That is in 5 weeks and 4 days. So now we wait and see if she can make it all the way there. I will continue to be on bed rest until delivery.
The next time I drive home from Nashville it will be with a new baby in the back seat.

1 comment:
This is the very bestest best news ever!!!!! And WHAT a Cutie that Cutie really is! Oh that's so awesome about her wiggling heat to toe, and I loooove that picture of her holding her toes. Oh she is such a beautiful little miracle! 5 more weeks till the birthday party! Woohoo!
Post a Comment