Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Chick-A-Go

Logan is a great little reader but sometimes he pronounces some words pretty funny. My favorite is Wyoming. Just ask him next time you see him. So when Henry told us he was going to Chicago and showed them on a map he and all the kids started saying it "Chick-A-go" So that's where Henry is.

I decided that I wanted to take a little trip to see Henry up in Chicago. I only had one weekend that I could make it work so i planned and hoped everything would work out well. So on the morning of August 1st I loaded all the kids into the car and we left by about 6:10. Only 569 miles to go.
We stopped in Indiana to use the bathroom but couldn't find any good food, we opted for a yogurt break in the car. 


When we got to Indianapolis we took a quick detour to Henry's brothers house where they were just unloading their moving van. The kids all got to run around with their cousins and play for a bit. They sure love those cousins. But we had to get back on the road. 

 We pulled into the Hotel right around 5pm after
5 potty breaks
4 movies
1 lunch
It was a long drive but the kids were very good, not a cry out of them.

We stayed with Henry at his hotel in West Chicago. It was a bit of a tight fit all 6 of us in his room but we all managed to get some sleep. In fact these older 3 were so tired they didn't even wake up when Henry left for work the next morning and I had to wake them up so we didn't miss breakfast at the Hotel.

 Friday August 2nd, Henry and I celebrated our 10th Wedding Anniversary. I couldn't have dreamt up these last 10 years and mostly in a good way. I am so lucky to be married to this guy. We have so much fun together, and I realize more then ever he really is my best friend. Can't wait till he comes home from Chicago for good!
So to celebrate Henry took me to buy a piece of Tin, which is the traditional gift for the 10th year.  This piece of Tin I am very happy with. We traded in our Volvo for this Honda Oddessy. What a nice guy.


Other then buying the car and a short swim that evening that was all we got to do on Friday. The kids were so patient buying the van. So Saturday we decided to treat them to a morning at Lego Discovery Center. Lucky for us I even found some discount tickets! 




Lego Car he tested out 
Lego ride 


Logan asked us Friday if we could see the temple. Definatly worth the drive to see this place. This was the first temple I got to go inside after I turned 12. 

 After that we headed downtown to check out Navy Pier. We got a little side tracked because Kamryn had to use the bathroom and instead just stopped at the beach front their. Unfortunately we didn't have our swim suits but had a great time anyway. 













We had such a nice time! 

Sunday we went to church. Henry has been attending the local ward and they were all so friendly to us. In fact we went and had dinner with one family and the kids made fast friends with their kids. Here is Aubrey and their little girl Logan. Aubrey couldn't handle her friend being called Logan so she called her by her nick name "boo-boo" 


The kids also got to go to a park with Henry while Kali Napped 


And then it was over. We left Chicago Monday at about 6:30am. It was a long drive home I was pretty tired but the kids were so good and quiet in the car. They went one stretch about 4 hours without any stops. It was great.  Made it home in just about 10 hours. We are all so glad we got to go visit Henry and see where he is living. We are looking forward to his visit at the end of the month for Aubrey's birthday. 

No comments: