((me resting in the car on the 2 1/2 hour ride home I can't say I was comfortable but I survived just fine))
Well Monday morning we met with our doctor and had an ultrasound. It was the best ever, seriously when the doctor who calls Ambien a "Sleeping Tablet" is practically jumping up and down looking at the ultrasound it's a good sign. So on the ultrasound they checked to see how much amniotic fluid the baby had. There was much more then they expected. They also checked to see that everything was healing well for both Cutie and I. They also measured the ventricles in her brain and will be monitoring them the next 12 weeks to see how the surgery is helping hopeful her development.
After they removed the staples from my belly (OUCH) they told me to go home. And they think the large scar developing on my belly is beautiful. I guess they have some vision how it will look in 6 months but beautiful? really? Wow after such a major surgery they thought we were ready already. I am amazed at how far I have come when I think about how I was feeling just one week ago.
I am thankful to be rid of yucky food, and other hospital joys. I am resting happily with my family around me. Aubrey is surprised every time she walks in my room to find me there. This morning she saw me in a rare moment when I was on my feet after I brushed my teeth. She was shocked!!

2 comments:
So glad to hear all has gone well. I have enjoyed reading your journey and feeling your faith and positive attitude. I hope your little cutie stays put for a long time. May you blessed with good books and fun movies while you rest.
That above comment was from Gail, didn't know I was logged in for Gery.
Post a Comment