Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Who needs sugar?

So there are plenty of down sides of being pregnant all summer long especially when it is 100+ outside. But on the upside I have especially been looking forward to munching and gorging myself of all the fresh fruit and garden veggies. And eating plenty of Watermelon. Until now. I have been blessed once again to have Gestational Diabetes. (I had it with Kamryn, these girls!) I thought I was clear because I passed at 20 weeks, but at 28 not so much. Luckily I have been there done that but no one likes to be told what to eat and especially what not to eat. So a lot less watermelon and from past experience with Kamryn a lot less weight gain. Of course that isn't going to stop everyone and I mean everyone from telling me I must be ready to have that baby. I can take the diet for 8-9 more weeks but maybe not so much your a huge pregnant gal.
On a happy note somehow despite Kamryn being born on a snowy March day I found that almost all her clothes are Moab summer approved and I don't need to go shopping. (or is that a good thing?)

2 comments:

The Fischer Family said...

Oh Di- I am sorry! I know that sucks! I hope that the next 8+ weeks will go fast for you!

Cassie Bumcrot said...

I have to take that test soon....next Friday. I like to eat sugar so I hope it goes well. Hopefully your next eight weeks go by quickly.