I would love to thank the smart creative people of the world today. A few months ago a read on a blog about organizing the freezer I don't remember anything else but this. When freezing ground beef, place it in a Ziploc bag. Now take out a rolling pin and roll it flat in the bag. These will stack nice and tidy in the freezer AND when you take it out it takes less time to defrost.
Today I pulled some out and ran hot water over it for 2 min. and now it is ready for me to cook.
I use quart size bags but you could use larger bags to get a bigger portion.
That's my tip for the day listen to smart people they have good ideas.
2 comments:
I learned to do that in my cooking class at BYU! Love it. I just use my hand to wack the meat down into a flat circle in the bag. I like smart people too :)
I like smart people too! Thanks for sharing this tip! I always hate how much room I use up in my freezer!
Post a Comment