Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I can make my dreams come true

So a long time ago I had this wonderful idea that I would make our family Christmas stockings. I had a very particular vision in my mind, I wanted them to be like a quilt. 3 years later .... I bought the fabric, and a month later I started putting it together. I almost gave up... more then once. Please don't look too closely, i am not a master quilter .
First I made this quilt (57x57 inches) Now I have extras that would match if our family grows.
It took me over a week to work up the courage to cut this up, it has inspired me to make another quilt maybe a Christmas quilt or Kamryn's baby quilt.
The final product.....
Now to buy some hooks so I can hang them.
Side note I saw this on my friends blog Message from Santa I made one for each of my kids. Since they never got to sit on Santa's lap this year they will know for sure he got their letters. So cute and only took like 5 min to personalize a video for them. Here are the links to those if you are curious Kamryn Logan

7 comments:

Bertasso Family said...

Great Job, Diana! I have been wanting to make stockings for our family too... maybe next year :)

The Spanns said...

Uhm, when you said you were making stockings I didn't realize they were MASTERPIECES! Beautiful! You are so talented, lady.

The Fischer Family said...

Wow Di! These are gorgeous! "I'm not a master quilter!" I'm not an anything quilter so I'm very impressed! Great job!

Kelly Munns said...

what a great idea! i love it...can't wait to see all of them together.

Kimberly said...

These are gorgeous! Our fireplace ruined our stocking last year, and seeing as it's almost Christmas, I've got to find/make some more. I love your idea! I may just have to make it too. ;) Happy Holidays!

Charity said...

WHAT SWEET STOCKINGS. GREAT JOB. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Maggie said...

Oh my GOODNESS Di!! SO SO SO SO CUTE!!! I LOVE it! I be the kiddos do, too, huh? I'm so impressed. I think I need to copy your idea. I bet you were just cringing while you were cutting up your beautiful new quilt top, eh? Well, you did a great job! Love it! Merry Christmas!