April 24th. What a day. Today is 3 years since Kali’s fetal surgery. How grateful I am today:
To hold and snuggle my Kali.
To laugh with her.
To see her walk.
To see her stumble and trip and get back up again.
To jump over lines with her.
To listen to her tell jokes.
One of my tender mercies just before Kali had surgery was listening to General Conference. Elder Ronald A. Rasband gave a beautiful talk about his grandson who like Kali was a very special baby. His words brought me hope and peace. He talked about helping those in need.
“Thus another special lesson learned: If you come upon a person who is drowning, would you ask if they need help—or would it be better to just jump in and save them from the deepening waters?”
How grateful I was and am for all of you who choose to jump into the water with us. Who stood by our side, cared for us, for our little ones, served us. Who prayed for us. I know prayers are answered.
I couldn’t see the Kali I see today 3 years ago. There was a lot of faith, prayer, and help help sent from above. Real life is different then the diagnosis on the paper. Real life is just Kali.





No comments:
Post a Comment